- 1 August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense
- 2 Installation: August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense
- 3 Design: August vs Schlage Sense
- 4 Performance: August vs Schlage Sense
- 5 Pros and Cons
- 6 Conclusion: August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense
August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense
In this article, you will get find out August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense.
When it comes to home improvement, there are many options that exist. One of these is using a smart lock.
August smart lock and the Schlage connect are the best ones out there.
The two rank high in the list of the best door locks. Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt comes in at number one while August Smart Lock follows closely at number two.
What makes Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt so popular? It packs some unique features as compared to the August Smart Lock.
It opens in three different ways.
The first one is using a key as most locks do.
The second method is by utilizing the touchscreen panel by entering a preferred code that the lock allows you to set.
The last method is by using your smartphone to unlock.
This makes it easy to customize the method of unlocking that works best for you.
We are going to compare the two locks using various criteria. Some of these are installation, design, and performance.
Installation: August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense
Installing the Schlage connect is something you can do on your own without involving any qualified personnel. There are videos in the manufacturer’s site that will help guide you during the installation. It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete the installation if you are doing it alone.
When it comes to the August Smart Lock, it is even simpler to install. You only need to own a screwdriver and 15 times to spare and you are good to go. It can be installed easily by utilizing five simple steps that are shown in the video below.
Design: August vs Schlage Sense
The Schlage Sense has a beautiful design and at the same time very functional. Reviews from clients who have used the product are also very positive. There are two designs that one can choose from; Camelot and Century. It is a device that makes your door look attractive and sure to raise a few eyebrows. You can head on to Amazon to check out some of the reviews and order the product.
The August Smart Lock is so appealing to the eyes. You will be sure to receive a lot of compliments from investing in this device. If you are considering getting yourself a door lock and want something that is appealing to the eyes. I highly recommend the August Smart Lock.
Performance: August vs Schlage Sense
The Schlage Sense has in-built support for Alexa and highly compatible with iOS and Android devices. It has a touchscreen display which makes it easy when inputting the unlock code. The lock also supports automatic lock/unlocking.
The August Smart Lock is one of the most efficient door locks with the ability to respond to any command given. It performs better than its competitor, the Schlage connect. You can set the lock to automatic lock/unlock or you can opt for manual lock/unlock.
Pros and Cons
Pros of using Schlage Sense Smart Lock
- You can give other family members to unlock codes. There is also not a limit to how many codes you can set. However, if you don’t have the wireless keypad, each user will have to download an app that allows them to unlock the door lock. What’s more, is that you have an option to set the duration you want the code to expire or you can set them to be permanent.
- Doesn’t tamper with the outward appearance of your door- Unlike other locks that are available in the market where you need to reinstall everything, Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt offers the luxury of retaining your existing locks and keys. This is because the lock is only installed inside the door.
- A detailed history is available- every time you lock and unlock your door, it stores that data in a logbook. This makes it easy to track intruders who may be coming into your house without your knowledge. The look also records the particular person who unlocked the door and at what time. There is also a space to record a personal note if you wish to.
- Automatic locking and unlocking the lock comes with various modes that allow you to configure it to smart unlock when certain conditions are met. For example, you can set it to unlock when it detects your phone and lock some few minutes later after it can no longer detect the phone.
- It is compatible with other devices. The smart lock comes with in-built capabilities to work with Apple Homekit and Google Nest devices. This makes it easy to network the various appliances in your home to work simultaneously. For example, you can set it to turn off the A.C when you lock your door and turn on the lights when you unlock your door.
Cons of the Schlage Sense Smart Lock
- You need to invest in additional infrastructure in order to use the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth capability which comes in standard means you can only lock or unlock your door when you are close.
When you opt to use Wi-Fi the range is unlimited but you will have to invest in August connector an Apple TV. This two hardware make it easy to communicate with the Bluetooth in the lock while the Wi-Fi connects with your phone.
Pros of August Smart Lock
- Easy to use.
- Beautiful design.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Supports Siri and Alexa.
Cons of the August Smart Lock
- The mobile app could use some improvements.
- Bluetooth connection is slow sometimes.
Conclusion: August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense
August Smart Lock vs Schlage Sense is one of the most popular debates regarding smart locks. Both of them are equally good and the choice is entirely up to you. You can consider all the points discussed in this article before you make the final decision.
However, if you still want to own the best one, then the Schlage Sense is the preferred one. Try it out and you will surely be impressed. However, if you prefer the August smart lock, check out the article on August Smart Lock Model Comparison.