To keep your home safe, you need a reliable smart lock. Here is a detailed review of one of the smart locks available in the market – the Oaks Smart Lock.
Home safety requires does not get as much attention as it deserves.
Traditional locks are no longer useful as burglars and criminals have become more sophisticated, and organization in their infiltration approaches. Thus, to keep your home safe, you need to improvise.
Don’t go for too many locks as this can be quite inconvenient, particularly if you regularly get a lot of visitors. Home security is not supposed to sacrifice your comfort. To get a reliable protection measure, one that does not only provides reliable security but also brings a slew of advantages to the table.
Perhaps, you should look into a smart lock. For this purpose, Oaks Smart Lock is an excellent purchase.
Last update on 2021-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 1 Overview of Oaks Smart Lock
- 2 Features of Oaks Smart Lock
- 3 Pros
- 4 Cons
- 5 Oaks Acorn Wi-Fi Gateway
- 6 Oaks Smart Lock Installation
- 7 Verdict: Oaks Smart Lock Review
Overview of Oaks Smart Lock
The Oaks Smart Lock is Bluetooth-powered and allows homeowners to gain benefit from an affordable, user-friendly, and secure lock solution.
It will introduce you to codes, replacing traditional keys. This practice is more convenient, as well as secure. Moreover, it is easy on the eye.
Boasting an elegant and gorgeous design, it can trigger admiration from your friends and neighbors.
In total, you have four different ways to access your home:
- Wristband Fob
- Physical Keys
- Smart Phone App
- Numerical Access Code
You don’t require any Internet or Wi-Fi. All you need is a unique access code and forward it via phone contact, SMS, or email. Similarly, you can use your smartphone to send virtual keys to your renters or guests.
Features of Oaks Smart Lock
The Oaks Smart Lock contains a wide range of features, some of which are listed below:
E-Keys and Fobs
How often do you forget your keys? Losing your keys never ends well, especially if you live alone. As a result, you are forced to have new keys made and even have to replace your complete lock system.
Thanks to Oaks, you can now spend a worry-free, keyless life. You can allocate fobs (there are two of them) and exchange E-keys of your lock’s app with your friends and family.
In this way, you don’t have to depend on keys.
Are you waiting for a product you ordered online? The Oaks Smart Lock App comes with a pre-installed Access Log. With this feature, you can keep an eye on who goes in and out of your home.
In case you need 24/7 access logs, you can avail full lock access from any location and at any time via the Oaks Acorn Wi-Fi bridge.
Whenever the door sensor is invoked, an auto-lock sensor can secure your door automatically. You need to make sure that you don’t leave your door unlocked.
Oaks Smart Lock is all about quick and user-friendly access. It is powered by a secure code generation algorithm, allowing you to grant blazingly-fast, remote, and secure access for your home.
You can send codes to guests, friends, and even your babysitter or dog walker.
It creates five code types to address your requirements.
You can use the app to create and send One-Time, Cyclic, Permanent, Temporary, and Customer codes.
- Easy to set up and configure.
- Easy to send and create codes.
- Works well if you have Airbnb aspirations.
- The wristband has primarily found success with kids who used to lose keys.
- Looks sleek and modern.
- The auto-lock is loud.
- Remote functionality is inferior.
Oaks Acorn Wi-Fi Gateway
If you are looking for a dependable accessory to go along with Oaks Smart Lock, then consider investing in Oaks Acorn to serve as a Wi-Fi Gateway.
It can help you to remotely use all of the features in Oaks Smart Lock at any time from anyplace. In this way, you are no longer constrained by Bluetooth limitations.
You can use it to:
- Link and manage several locks simultaneously.
- Use the Oaks App to lock and unlock your doors remotely.
- Access and view activity and security logs from a remote location.
- Send Custom Codes to guests from any location.
- Supervise FOB-based access from a remote location.
Oaks Smart Lock Installation
- With a stencil, make sure the door meets those lock specifications.
- Fix the bolt in an unlocked position. Turn clockwise and pull if the latch has to be extended.
- The “Up” text has to be right-side up. Use supplied screws to secure the bolt.
- Under the deadbolt, install route cable and lock keypad.
- Make sure that the rubber backing is flushed with the door.
- Below deadbolt, pull cable via door opening.
- Apply rubber backing with the door first and follow it with the metal backplate. Thread cable should be placed via the opening.
- Use supplied screws to install rubber back and backplate.
- On the back of lock housing, find the left/right toggle.
- Choose toggle in terms of door configuration.
- Link the back portion of lock to the deadbolt, so cable pins are down.
- The back knob has to be in the vertical position for right-handed doors and horizontal position for the left-handed doors.
- Place the auto-lock sensor into the back lock and use the top rubber opening to feed the sensor.
- Take out the adhesive from sensors and install them on both sides of the interior door frame. When you close the door, the sensor should not be farther than a distance of ¾” inch.
- Align the backplate with the back of the lock.
- On the back of the lock, screw the backplate and insert four AA batteries.
- To access the lock, download Oaks Smart Lock App.
How to Install the Oaks Smart Lock App
- Depending upon your mobile, go to Google Play Store or Apple Store and download and install the “Oaks Smart Lock” app.
- Register an account with your email or phone number.
- You can configure optional security questions for adding an extra layer of security to your account. If you are in a hurry, then you can “Skip” and do this later.
How to Add Your Oaks Smart Lock to the App
- Go to your phone settings and enable Bluetooth.
- Now, launch the app and touch “Add Lock.”
- Select “Door Lock” Type.
- On the keypad, touch any digit to activate the Oaks Smart Lock. When it lights up, you can tap “Next.”
- Locate the name of your smart lock. Usually, it begins with “xxxx_xxxxxxx.” Along with it, there is a “+” sign to the right, tap on it.
- In case you don’t see the “+” sign, perform these steps to reset lock and tap on “add lock” again.
- Remove 4 AA batteries from the battery box.
- Find three screws and use a head screwdriver to remove them.
- Add four batteries again in the battery box.
- Find the reset button in the back panel. Make sure all plugs and connectors are appropriately attached.
- Till you hear a couple of beeps, press the reset button for around 10 seconds.
- The reset is completed.
- Change the name of the smart lock and tap “Complete.”
How to Unlock the Door
There are three Unlock options.
- Tap or touch the Unlock button for unlocking the door. Keep in mind that you must apply a long press.
- When the passcode is configured, input passcode and tap “ √ ” for unlocking the door.
- After the pairing of Fob/IC card, put it against the digit #5 for unlocking the door. Keep in mind that if you place it against other digits, then the function will not work.
How to Delete Oaks Smart Lock from your account
You can delete locks from an account with the following steps.
- Go near the range of the lock’s Bluetooth.
- Go to lock settings.
- At the menu’s bottom, select “Delete.”
- The lock is deleted from your account. You can add it to any other accounts.
How to Manage Account Settings in the App
On the top-left corner of the app, you can find the account settings under “Menu.”
- Sound – Enable or disable it.
- Touch to Unlock – When you are around 10 meters near to the lock, and the app is open, you can unlock the door by tapping the screen.
- Lock Users – List of users.
- Lock Group – Group list of the lock.
- Gateway – List of the gateway.
- Transfer Locks – You can configure administrator rights between two users with this feature. After you turn off the local user’s administrator rights, there is no option to undo the action.
Verdict: Oaks Smart Lock Review
Some homeowners found the motor too loud. Some of them find the keypad unresponsive. Apart from these minor complaints, the Oaks Smart Lock soars high as it provides excellent value for money.
The seamless Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity and passcodes E-keys generation ensure that it does exactly what you need it to do: protect your home without depending on keys.
Additionally, it is easy to install and configure it.
To sum up, if you are looking for an effective smart and flexible smart lock, then Oaks Smart Lock is an intelligent choice.