There are a variety of products to choose from to help you set up an effective home surveillance infrastructure. A hidden camera or disguised camera is particularly useful in picking up strange activity around your house.
A light bulb security camera is one of the most effective options out there. Depending on the features and functions you want, you can opt for a security camera that is weatherproof or one that has excellent night vision.
- 1 The Top Light Bulb Security Cameras of 2022
- 1.1 hotsell999 – 360 Degree Panoramic Omnidirectional Bulb Surveillance Camera
- 1.2 XFUZZ – 360 Degree Camera Panoramic Wireless Security Camera
- 1.3 EVERSECU – 360 Degree Panoramic View WiFi IP Bulb Camera with FishEye Lens
- 1.4 Anspo – Light Bulb Camera
- 1.5 THCABP – Security Bulb Camera
- 1.6 Sengled Floodlight Camera Motion Activated
- 1.7 BESDERSEC – Full HD 1080P Home WIFI Camera
- 1.8 TUPEYA – Light Bulb Camera
- 1.9 Mliyam – Smart Bulb Camera
- 2 Our Choice for the Best Light Bulb Security Camera
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying a Light Bulb Security Camera
- 4 Conclusion: Light Bulb Security Cameras
The Top Light Bulb Security Cameras of 2022
Here are the top light bulb security cameras on the market:
Last update on 2021-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
hotsell999 – 360 Degree Panoramic Omnidirectional Bulb Surveillance Camera
This product features a Full HD 1080P 2.0-megapixel home security camera. The universal rotating bracket allows a 360-degree coverage of your entire room.
The two-way audio communication and motion detector alerts make it perfect for a baby or pet monitor.
- It features motion detection activated LED floodlights.
- It supports a multi-camera display
- It supports multi-user sharing
- It only supports 2.4G Hz WIFI
- You will need to buy a Micro-SD card separately
- You will need to purchase a monthly or yearly cloud storage service separately.
XFUZZ – 360 Degree Camera Panoramic Wireless Security Camera
The XFUZZ light bulb security camera provides a panoramic view through its 1.44mm fisheye lens.
The intelligent AI detects and alerts you of any motion, allowing you to easily monitor your baby or pet, and secure your home.
Another useful feature is that it does not consume too much power. If you use the bulb only for lighting, it will consume as little as 1W.
- It is easy to install
- It has clear Full 1080P HD night vision
- It has a low power consumption of less than 5W.
- It can support cloud storage
- It has an internal storage of 128G
- It is slightly larger than the average lightbulb
EVERSECU – 360 Degree Panoramic View WiFi IP Bulb Camera with FishEye Lens
Another excellent panoramic light bulb security camera is the EVERSECU Bulb Camera.
Its wide-angle view leaves no blind spot in the room. The product connects to a 2.4G wireless connection, but it does not work with 5G WIFI. You can use the mobile app to keep updated on any motion detection alerts.
Best of all, it is easily installable since it comes with a bracket.
- The smart motion alarm gives you instant alerts.
- The night vision image quality is very clear.
- Remote viewing allows you to monitor your house at your discretion.
- A Micro-SD card is not included
- It is not supported on 5G WIFI
- It is only compatible with an E27 lamp base
Anspo – Light Bulb Camera
The Anspo Dome Surveillance Camera, similar to the other products mentioned here, has a panoramic wide-angle view.
In addition to having a motion detection alarm system, it also has a real-time voice monitoring system. This is a useful feature for parents since they can be alerted when the camera detects the sound of a baby crying.
- A 1920×1080 resolution gives clear and crisp video and image quality
- It has a voice and motion-detecting system
- It is reasonably priced
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- You will need to purchase a micro-SD card separately
- It does not support 5G WIFI
THCABP – Security Bulb Camera
This Security Bulb Camera has a frame rate of 25fps and a 185-degree field of vision.
It allows for clear visibility up to 16 feet with night vision. Expired video files are saved on the TF card. It is relatively cost-effective when compared to other light bulb security cameras.
- The brightness of the lightbulb is 8W
- High-resolution image
- It allows for manual lighting control through your phone
- It is very affordable
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- You will need to purchase external storage separately
- It takes a few minutes to start up after switching on
- It is only compatible with an E27 port
Sengled Floodlight Camera Motion Activated
The Sengled Light Bulb Camera is flexible, rotatable, and gives a wide 140-degree angle view. Therefore, you can keep track of the entire room with just one camera.
The floodlight sensors give you instant alerts when any movement is detected. This product allows you to share your footage in real-time in 1080P HD quality. I find this product very useful for full-time outdoor home surveillance.
- It is highly adjustable with a 360-degree view
- It detects movement within 30 feet
- It provides instant alert notifications when motion is detected.
- It is weatherproof
- It is user-friendly
- You can set timers for everyday lighting
- The camera switch is not sturdy
- It requires you to separately buy a subscription plan for cloud storage.
BESDERSEC – Full HD 1080P Home WIFI Camera
The wireless camera’s compatibility with E26/E27 light sockets makes it easy to install and setup using the user manual.
Its Artificial Intelligence mode allows you to detect objects by tracking them via a motion sensor and alarm, even at night.
After connecting it to the smartphone app, you can share the device with other family members and even communicate through it. The use of IR LEDs makes this product affordable.
- The in-built microphone and speaker allow for two-way communication
- An AI model monitors and tracks any movement
- The fish lens allows for a 360-degree view
- The installation is easy without the need for any drilling or wires.
- It is only compatible with 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
- The night vision is slightly blurry
TUPEYA – Light Bulb Camera
This product features a 1920/1080P Bright Full HD Colorful Image during the day at 25fps, along with night vision up to 32 feet in pitch darkness. It can support a 128 GB micro-SD card to record 24/7 surveillance.
Another feature is its security alarm, which sends you instant alerts to your phone through the 360eyes app. This feature can help you keep an eye on your house when you’re out.
- It can record footage for playback with ease
- It gives high resolution, clear images, and videos
- It is accessible through Android, iPhone, and Windows PC
- It does not support 5G WIFI
- A micro-SD card is not included with the product
Mliyam – Smart Bulb Camera
This lightweight and easily installable light bulb security camera provides a 360-degree view of the room it is installed in because of its rotation function. The 1.29 mm fish eye lens has a high-quality resolution of 1.3 megapixels.
The camera allows you to live stream the video footage and share it with other family members. It can support an external micro-SD card of up to 64 GB.
- It is easy to install
- It has motion detection features and an alert system
- It allows you to live stream video footage
- It has clear night vision up to 16 feet
- The LED lighting is average
- It takes a few minutes to start up after being switched on
- It does not connect to 5G WIFI
- The memory card is not included with the product package
Our Choice for the Best Light Bulb Security Camera
Our preferred choice is the Anspo Dome Surveillance Light Bulb Camera. It is reasonably priced and contains most of the features as the other products in the abovementioned list. This means that you can install a couple of these cameras around your house without going over your budget.
The audio detection system is an advantage that the other products don’t have. I find this feature useful because it can help me monitor my pets from another location. The instant alerts are also helpful in the case of an emergency.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Light Bulb Security Camera
When choosing the best light bulb security camera, it is important to get one that is easy to install. Many people will not be handy and may get frustrated with trying to install a light bulb security camera themselves.
The light bulb needs to be installed in a way that the camera is well hidden. It also needs to fit into place when installing it so that there are not any issues afterward. Some cameras can be used together with other different systems such as DVRs and effectively work together.
Image and Video Recording Quality
A high-quality resolution security camera with 720p or 1080p resolution is advisable. An excellent video quality gives a clear and crisp feed that allows you to detect faces and other details.
Many light bulb security cameras come with a micro-SD slot. Although the internal storage in these cameras is sufficient, some come with a 128GB micro-SD card for external storage. These are more advisable since they allow you to store your video recordings.
Installation Features and Usage
Wireless security cameras are preferred as they are easier to install. Depending on your preference, you can choose ceiling cameras or wall cameras.
For outdoor usage, waterproof cameras should be used. For indoor usage, cameras with motion detectors and in-built microphones and speakers are useful.
If you’re purchasing a light bulb camera with the intent of having 24/7 surveillance, it is recommended to go with a product that has massive battery life.
360 Degree Viewing Angle
Light bulb cameras are usually installed on the ceiling, which makes it necessary to have a wide viewing angle for better visibility. Without this feature, you might need to install more than one camera in the same room to cover blind spots.
Conclusion: Light Bulb Security Cameras
In the reviews, we have seen that all these cameras are worth your money. They are among the best light bulb security cameras. If you want a camera that will suit your security needs, you can choose any one of them from the above list and my bet is that each camera will do a great job of monitoring.
Thanks for reading!